From the Matthews-Gerbar Collection by Matthews Fan Company.
Like satellites orbiting a planet, the Brisa's select mahogany blades and counterweight gently orbit around its spherical gear housing. Manufactured since 2004, the motor head can be postioned along a 180-degree arc for optimum air movement; the greater the angle of the motor to the horizontal support rods, the faster the axial rotation. A slow, controlled axial rotation is acheived by both motor head position and fan blade speed. Brazilian made fan bodies are made at individual work stations, not mass produced on assembly lines; each fan is hand assembled by one person.
Available with chrome, black, black nickel, brushed nickel, polished copper or bronze finish.
- Circulates heating and air conditioning more efficiently than traditional paddle ceiling fans.
- Constructed of cast aluminum and heavy spun and stamped steel
- Metal blades with guard (this item is special order and has an 8-10 week lead time) or ecologically-harvested mahogany blades with no blade guards
- Motor mount and fan head knob of genuine marbelized bakelite
- Downrods are field-cuttable
Airflow measured in cubic feet per minute at high speed (CFM) = 3087 Wood / 2497 Metal
Watts at high speed = 109
Airflow efficiency at high speed (CFM/Watts) = 28 Wood / 23 Metal